What have we been up to?
Listed Under: News
We've been a bit quiet on here after a really busy summer of virtual festivals, our own Flying High Fringe, and weekly creative tasks. Well what have we been up to over the last few months?
After a really good summer of workshops on zoom and a brilliant 10 days celebrating our achievements at the Edinburgh Festival, the directors decided to follow guidance from a number of sources and continue workshops on zoom until the end of October.
However, we did open up our Young Company at the Bonington Theatre on Tuesdays which was so good and the company of 15 have thoroughly enjoyed the sessions.
As you might be aware, we had hoped to open at Pond Hills Lane Community Centre in early November but the second lockdown prevented this from happening so it has been good to have two sessions before Christmas.
Since the summer we have:
- Created a world akin to the dystopian novel 1984 with our Senior Youth Theatre
- Established two opposing islands and created the world that the Pied Piper of Hamelin lured the children away to with the Junior Youth Theatre
- Choreographed some dance pieces which will be part of a film project
- Written a song
- Devised/written some fantastic monologues with our adult group and performed them to each other on zoom
- Been preparing monologues and duologues for Lamda exams in the spring with 13 dedicated young people who are doing so well on zoom
- Made a difference to a number of older adults in isolation through weekly fun improvisation workshops – Phoenix Theatre Company
- Decided to continue to work on our National Theatre Connections play from last year – ‘Wind/Rush Generation(s)’ with our Young Company which we hope will be performed at the Bonington Theatre and Nottingham Playhouse in April in some way or other
- Decided to continue preparing and rehearsing our Edinburgh show of Aladdin with our Young Company which we also hope will be performed at the Bonington Theatre next Christmas.